PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR PURCHASE.
Welcome to Middle-earth, where there is less noise and more green. A wee Hobbit leads a quiet, respectable life until Bilbo Baggins is spurred into adventure by the great wizard Gandalf. Bilbo leaves the comforts of home for a treacherous journey with thirteen Dwarves, and discovers courage, strength, and keen burglaring skills. They battle trolls, spiders, and the giant dragon Smaug, in this extraordinary tale of how a small, seemingly insignificant Hobbit can change the world.
The Hobbit, or there and back again, is based on the timeless classic by J.R.R. Tolkien, and is the perfect outdoor experience to enjoy with friends and family. Join us at Keppoch Mountain this summer for an adventure like none other!
Adapted and directed by Andrea Boyd
Featuring Kate Basile, Patricia Cerra, Simon Henderson, Rachel Lloyd, Kya Mosey, Christian Murray, Emma Vickers, Jeremy Webb, Abby Weisbrot, and Aquila Wibisono.
Set and props design by Leigh Gillam
Puppet design by Laura Stinson
Costume design by Marie France Labbé
With special appearances by familiar faces in our community.
This is an immersive play taking place in the woods. Audience members will be provided with outdoor chairs for seating. Please do not bring your own chairs. Some special seating for people with mobility needs is available to a limited number of patrons per show.
If you have mobility or accessibility concerns, please call our Box Office at (902) 867-3333 to discuss your seating options.
Our regular prices are listed below, but this PREVIEW performance is Pay-What-You-Can.
Child (Under 12)** $32
**Infants under 12 months do not need a ticket
The show is not suitable for children under 7 due to the show length and format. For the safety of our patrons and our artists, dogs are not permitted to accompany audience members at the show except service animals.
Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone, or in-person during box office hours. No refunds. Exchanges can be made up to 48 hrs in advance, with a $3 exchange fee per ticket. Ticket prices do not include 15% HST.
We advise all patrons to arrive at Keppoch Mountain by 6:00pm to allow for parking and check in at the Box Office.
- Run time is two hours.
- The play takes place at Keppoch Mountain. Keppoch's paths being used in the show are gravel-packed and accessible.
- The show is in three acts at four different locations. Be prepared for some easy walking on gravel trails. Site map and location details will be shared closer to the summer.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and we advise to dress for the weather.
- We suggest to bring bug spray, hats, etc. for outdoor comfort.
- Outdoor washroom facilities are available in the parking lot at Keppoch.
- All Nova Scotia Public Health and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure the safety of our artists and our audience.
- We reserve the right to cancel a show no later than two hours before showtime due to inclement weather, extreme heat warnings, or other event. If a show is cancelled, tickets will be transferred to a designated rain date (no refunds). All patrons will be contacted by the Box Office via email in the event of a cancellation.
- Shows may proceed on a misty (light rain) day. Please dress according to the weather.